I’m not a U.S. citizen. Can I use NewlyNamed?

Yes, our name change kits work for non-U.S. citizens living in the United States. However, you will need to update the name on your Green Card (or primary immigration document) before starting the name change process. NewlyNamed will assist with updating your U.S. documents and organizations. We do not assist in updating immigration documents (such as a green card) or foreign passports because we do not want to interfere with one's immigration status or naturalization process. Our name change kits assume you already have an updated green card (or primary immigration document) showing your new name.

You can learn more about updating a Green Card (permanent resident card) by visiting https://www.uscis.gov/i-90.