Can I use NewlyNamed to change my name outside of marriage or divorce?

Yes! In order to change your legal name outside of marriage or divorce, you will need to obtain a court order through your county courthouse.

For legal reasons, we are not able to help you obtain a court order (we are not attorneys). Our name change kits assume you already have the proper legal name change document (i.e. court order) for your desired name change.

So, a NewlyNamed name change kit will be able to help with updating your documents (SS card, driver's license, passport, etc.) and accounts (banks, credit cards, etc.) after you receive your court order.