Do I need to do anything before using NewlyNamed?

All you need to get started is a physical copy of your official legal name change document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order).

You need a marriage certificate (if married), a divorce decree (if divorced), or a court order (if you are changing your first name or creating a new name). 

If divorced, your divorce decree must state that you are able to change your name to a previous name (i.e. birth name or maiden name).