Can I use a foreign marriage certificate?

Yes! As long as your foreign marriage certificate is issued by an official government you’ll be able to follow our name change process. If you have questions about the official nature of your foreign marriage certificate, please contact your local Social Security Administration (SSA) office.

For more information on SSA accepted foreign marriage documents visit: