Can I use NewlyNamed to change my first name?

Yes! As long as you have your court order in your possession. In order to change your legal first name, you will need to petition for a court-ordered name change through your city/county courthouse. Afterward, you will receive a court order which will allow you to start the name change process. You are not able to change your legal first name due to marriage (via a marriage certificate) or divorce (via a divorce decree).

Our name change kits assume you have your legal name change document (court order, marriage certificate, or divorce decree) in your physical possession.